Awesome Autumn is back!
September 27, 2013
This week we have fully launched ourselves into Autumn. Summer is now but a distance memory and yes although it was fun it's now time to look forward to big woolly jumpers and wellington boots! We're celebrating Autumn by launching lots of great new products and scents - head to our Autumn Shop to see what's new also we have a great Autumn themed mood board on our Pintrest pages.
Butternut squash soup with chilli & crème fraîche
- 1 butternut squash, about 1kg, peeled and deseeded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 mild red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 850ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche, plus more to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the squash into large cubes, about 4cm/1½in across, then toss in a large roasting tin with half the olive oil. Roast for 30 mins, turning once during cooking, until golden and soft.
- While the squash cooks, melt the butter with the remaining oil in a large saucepan, then add the onions, garlic and ¾ of the chilli. Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15-20 mins until the onions are completely soft.
- Tip the squash into the pan, add the stock and the crème fraîche, then whizz with a stick blender until smooth. For a really silky soup, put the soup into a liquidiser and blitz it in batches. Return to the pan, gently reheat, then season to taste. Serve the soup in bowls with swirls of crème fraîche and a scattering of the remaining chopped chilli.